Astrodyne TDI is looking for a Manufacturing Cost Accountant who is responsible for setting up and maintenance of accurate process cost information, reconciliation of standard costs to actual costs, maintenance of perpetual inventory system, participating in the month end close and budgeting process, and assisting the Plant Accounting Manager and Global Controllership with day-to-day operations and reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for developing/maintaining an effective cost accounting system to reduce cost and improve overall profitability. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong written, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Responsible for the accurate reporting of Cost of Goods Manufactured and Sold through existing ERP system.
· Performs regular cycle counts to correct inventory misstatements.
· Monthly reconciliation and updating of standard costs.
· Maintenance of a perpetual inventory system.
· Monthly closing process – schedule and coordinate with outside departments and within the department to meet the close timeline. This includes planning and leading monthly and quarterly inventory, preparing journal entries, posting, balancing and reconciling subsidiary ledgers.
· Actively participate in the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecast process by providing updated information across different business segments.
· Coordination with the finance department and internal/external auditors.
· Reconciliation of inventory balances.
· Provide accurate and timely financial information including actual product costs and standard costs for new products.
· Analyze complex manufacturing processes in coordination with Plant managers to improve decision making.
· Provide account analysis for assigned accounts and other accounts as necessary.
· Maintain integrity and accuracy of the accounting system.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate must also have attention to detail with advanced excel skills. The successful candidate will be a fast learner with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet required deadlines. In addition the candidate will have good judgment, analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently on assigned projects without the need for close supervision.
Due to Military affiliations, we are unable to sponsor candidates who require a Visa. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder.